Our main performance space is a 230-seat auditorium, with unrestricted views from all seats. The stage has a traditional proscenium arch, complete with a stage manager’s desk, excellent sound and lighting equipment, and access to four dressing rooms, each capable of accommodating up to six people. Delivering a presentation? We can provide a DVD projector, laptop and screen, too.
- Rows A and B, on ground level, can be removed for a small orchestra or thrust stage. Rows D to M are raked. All seats are numbered.
- There is access between stage right and stage left without crossing the stage.
- The stage itself is 900mm (3 feet) above ground level, with a proscenium arch that is 7.3m (24 feet) wide, 3.5m (11 feet 6 inches) high and 6.7m (22 feet) deep.
- Our full height fly tower has six counterweight lines plus front tabs, 13 hand lines and three winched lighting bars.
- Default stage setting includes black drape traverse, legs and borders.
- The soundproof control room for sound and lighting is at the back of the auditorium.
- Lighting facilities include a 96 channel desk and two DMX universes. A variety of Profile, Fresnel, Par Cans and Floods are available.
- Sound facilities include a 16 channel desk, Minidisc and CD player/recorder and six speakers.
Our secondary space is a ‘black box’ theatre which can seat up to 78, usually with some raking, in practically any format. Facilities include a stage manager’s desk, lighting and sound equipment, and a large adjoining room that may be used as a dressing room.
- Seats are not numbered.
- There are black drapes on three walls.
- Space includes three or four entrances for actors.
- An adjacent room can be used as a dressing room or meeting room. Screens can be used to partition this room.
- The stage manager’s desk is basic, but includes Techpro communication.
- There are normally separate control rooms for sound and lighting.
- Lighting includes a 48 channel desk and one DMX universe. There is a grid of scaffold tubing across the ceiling, 4.2m (14 feet) above ground level. A variety of Profile, Fresnel, Par Cans and Floods are available.
- Sound facilities include a 16 channel desk, a Minidisc and CD player/recorder and four speakers.
This room is suitable for meetings of up to 50 seated theatre-style, or 20 seated at tables. It’s fully air-conditioned. A screen and flip chart are available upon request.
Whilst this is usually booked in conjunction with the Main Stage or Studio, it can be hired separately (or in conjunction with the Club Room) when there isn’t a performance taking place.
The foyer has recently been re-decorated, and now boasts a specialist lighting system that allows you to tailor your event with an almost limitless range of colours and effects. The foyer includes a fully licensed bar.
For all venue bookings, hot and cold beverages and a fully licensed bar can be provided. We don’t currently offer other catering services, but we can recommend a good caterer, or will happily work with your own.